Monday, January 17, 2005

Walk Don't Run

Lost 7.5 pounds in 4 weeks.

Walk Don't Run has been the way I have to do it.

I have been doing a lot of walking. If I try to run, I find that I stop doing any exercise at all. I think my cardiologist would like it if I sweated more, and I hope to get to it soon.

Confidential to those of you who know the difference between Flex and Core ---

I have doing well enough on Core. Not perfect, but well enough to lose 7.5 in 4 weeks. I am still not sure about this comfort zone business. If I try to switch back over to Flex, where the weight loss might be quicker for 2-3 weeks, I won't be able to sustain it, and I'll have the same bad results I had gaining the 20 pounds.(that is just me OF COURSE)

Finally, I am "counting" on Core. Writing down everything, even if most things are "zero" points. This way I have a record to look at. I can't stay on any food plan successfully without tracking. I am interested in other people's experiences about journals and weight loss.

Walk Don't Run.

Sunday will be the second anniversary of my stroke. I have unedited writing about the stroke that I am hoping to edit and share with you by then, but I also have revisions to make on the Ulysses Grant play. Public reading (not formal, actors with scripts sitting on folding chairs) --- 6:30 January 30, 2005.
Workshop Theatre , and I need to do that first. Then there is this nasty business of having to work for a living!

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger A Red Mind in a Blue State said...

Keep on walkin' my friend. As we learned in Physics back in MHS, caloric expenditure is a result of weight over distance-- time isn't part of the equation.

Great job so far-- keep munching them carrots!!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work. Unfortunately, I've been less successful. Haven't gained anything, but haven't lost anything either. Keep up the good work.
Arizona Lawyer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home